U.S. Postal Service facilities will be closed for retail transactions on Monday, July 5, for observance of the Fourth of July holiday. There will be no regular mail delivery and limited mail collection runs will be conducted in the state of Mississippi.
Although there will not be regular mail delivery on July 5, Priority Mail Express is delivered 365 days a year, including Monday, July 5. Regular delivery and mail collection schedules will resume Tuesday, July 6.
For added customer convenience, Self-Service Kiosks (SSKs) are available at many locations and provide 24-hour access to most postal products and services. For locations, visit this link, https://tools.usps.com/find-location.htm, enter your ZIP Code, and select “Self-Service Kiosks” from the drop menu.
Using a credit or debit card, these Self-Service Kiosks enable customers to conduct business at their convenience. Customers may perform the following transactions:
- Purchase self-adhesive “Print-On-Demand” stamps.
- Weigh, calculate and purchase postage for items weighing up to 70lbs.
- Send items via Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail and First-Class Mail.
- Look up ZIP Codes and obtain Postal Service mailing information.
- Obtain Priority Mail Express, Certified Mail, and Return Receipts.
- Purchase USPS Tracking™ service.
- Obtain a purchase receipt.
- Pay Post Office Box rent.
DeSoto County News Service