DeSoto County 911 centers have confirmed that all 911 is back in full service and all call centers are receiving calls again. The phone company (AT&T) located the point in their internal network that was damaged by the winter storm and finished repairing the damage late Friday afternoon.
AT&T and the DeSoto 911 staff have been testing the system continuously and feel confident that these repairs have resolved all of the connection issues that were negatively impacting the 911 network.
DeSoto County 911 officials are now confident that residents can use 911 as opposed to the alternate numbers in the event of an emergency.
As always, if there is ever a time when callers are unable to get through on 911, the numbers are still available and monitored by the same 911 call takers.
- City of Southaven – (662) 393-0228
- City of Olive Branch – (662) 895-4111
- City of Horn Lake – (662) 393-6174
- City of Hernando – (662) 469-5550
- DeSoto County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS – (662) 469-8027