THE VITAL STATISTICS
Lewisburg 79, Independence 47
Center Hill 80, Memphis Academy of Health Sciences 59
Lake Cormorant 64, Horn Lake 60 (overtime)
Southaven 70, DeSoto Central 53
Olive Branch 90, Lafayette (Oxford) 47
Northpoint Christian 65, Fairley (Memphis) 58
DeSoto Central 65, Southaven 32
Lewisburg 72, Independence 34
Memphis Academy of Health Sciences 65, Center Hill 50
Olive Branch 69, Lafayette (Oxford) 63
Horn Lake 76, Lake Cormorant 55
NBA G League basketball
Lewisburg 3, Horn Lake 2
DeSoto Central 6, Oxford 2
Lewisburg 7, Horn Lake 0
Oxford 4, DeSoto Central 0
Lake Cormorant 3, Senatobia 1
- Horn Lake boys were led by Trevon Jackson and Jordan Pointer, each with 14 points, followed by Connor Sims and Dimp Pernell with 10 each in the Eagles’ overtime loss to Lake Cormorant.
- In the overtime victory, Lake Cormorant was paced by Alijah Jackson with 21 and Dalen Anderson with 11.
- DeSoto Central boys were led by Dorian Whitley’s 25 points and Caleb Curtis with 11 in the Jaguars’ loss to Southaven.
- Lewisburg boys’ basketball was led by Trae Cagle with 16 points and Noah Jorgenson with 15 points in the Patriots’ victory over Independence.
- Christian Gilliland scored 22 points for Northpoint Christian in the Trojans’ season-opening win at Memphis Fairley. Darius Naylor added 16 points. The girls’ contest with the schools was labeled as an exhibition, not counting in the season standings.
- Allie Carroll led Lewisburg with 18 points and Allison Irby added 16 in their girls’ basketball win over Independence.
- DeSoto Central girls were led by Janiya Jones with 22, Tanaija Bratcher with 13 and Mya Richardson with 9 in the Lady Jags’ victory over Southaven. Jones added 11 rebounds and six steals, along with three blocks.
- Center Hill girls were led by Madison Bush with 15, Jairya Rankins with 11 and Dominique Collins with 10 in their loss to Memphis Academy of Health Sciences.
- Hogan Payne scored the game-winning goal for Lewisburg in the Patriots boys’ soccer victory over Horn Lake. Lane Kirk and Aaron Rodriguez also scored goals.
- Eli Kitchens scored four times for DeSoto Central in the Jaguars boys’ soccer victory over Oxford. Ian Thomas and Patrick Vallean also scored goals.