Saturday track and field results
DeSoto County track teams were competing in meets at South Panola and Oxford on Saturday, March 4.
South Panola Invitational
Horn Lake had the highest DeSoto County boys’ team finish at Saturday’s South Panola Invitational track meet in Batesville. The Eagles took home a fifth place finish, followed by Lewisburg in sixth place. The Hernando boys were eighth among 12 teams that took part.
The Lewisburg girls were third place finishers at the same meet, followed by Horn Lake in seventh and Hernando was ninth.
South Panola won both boys’ and girls’ team titles at their own invitational meet.
First place winners from the DeSoto County schools competing at South Panola were as follows:
- Floyd Sinegal/Horn Lake – boys’ 100 meters
- Jeremiah Walton/Horn Lake – boys’ 110 meter hurdles
- Horn Lake – boys’ 4×100 meter relay
- Horn Lake – boys’ 4×200 meter relay
- Briley Ross/Lewisburg – girls’ 100 meters
- Riley Jackson/Hernando – girls’ 3,200 meters
The Southaven girls had the best DeSoto County team finish at the Oxford Relays Saturday, taking second to girls’ team champion Tupelo. Center Hill finished fourth, and DeSoto Central was eighth.
DeSoto Central scored the highest among county boys’ track teams in Oxford on Saturday, finishing fourth overall. Southaven was seventh and Center Hill was eighth. Senatobia won the boys’ team championship.
First place winners from the competing DeSoto County schools at Oxford were as follows:
- Lachaya Eppenger/Southaven – girls’ 100 meter hurdles
- Jasmine Sorrels/Center Hill – girls’ 100 meters
- DeSoto Central – boys’ 4×200 meter relay
- Center Hill – girls’ 4×100 meter relay
- Ashari Johnson/Southaven – girls’ 300 meter hurdles
- Southaven – girls’ 4×400 meter relay
- Adashia Ellis/Center Hill – girls’ long jump
- Laynce Henderson/Center Hill – boys’ shot put
- Kaylee Spencer/Southaven – girls’ triple jump