Photo: Mississippi State guard Myah Taylor (#1) of Olive Branch during the game between the Ole Miss Rebels and the Mississippi State Bulldogs at Humphrey Coliseum in Starkville in January. (Photo By Austin Perryman)
Mississippi State men’s and women’s basketball landed a combined 15 student-athletes on the 2020-21 Winter SEC Academic Honor Roll, which was tied for the most by any school in the conference, the league announced Wednesday, April 21.
Myah Taylor of Olive Branch captured her third straight SEC Honor Roll recognition, while Jessika Carter, Andrew Junkin, D.J. Stewart Jr. and Xaria Wiggins landed on the list for the second year in a row.
Student-athletes had to meet the following criteria to be named to the SEC Honor Roll:
- A student‐athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
- If a student‐athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the SEC Academic Honor Roll.
- Student‐athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and nonscholarship student‐athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
- Prior to being nominated, a student‐athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non‐remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
- The student‐athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
2020-21 Winter SEC Academic Honor Roll
- Abdul Ado, Interdisciplinary Studies
- Andrew Junkin, Accounting
- Iverson Molinar, Business Administration
- Quinten Post, Sociology
- Justin Rumph, Communication
- Tolu Smith, Kinesiology
- Isaac Stansbury, Petroleum Engineering
- D.J. Stewart Jr., Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jessika Carter, Kinesiology
- Andra Espinoza‐Hunter, Psychology
- Rickea Jackson, Communication
- Aliyah Matharu, Business Administration
- Yemiyah Morris, Interdisciplinary Studies
- Myah Taylor, Accounting
- Xaria Wiggins, Psychology
Mississippi State University Sports Information news release