The 2023 Primary Election voter registration deadline is Monday, July 10. In order to be eligible to vote on Aug. 8, Mississippians may:
- Register in-person at the circuit or municipal clerk’s office by 5:00 p.m. on July 10
- Mail registration applications postmarked no later than July 10
In-person and mail-in absentee ballots are now available through your county circuit clerk’s office for the 2023 Primary Election.
To verify eligibility, Mississippians can utilize the Step-By-Step Absentee Guide from the Secretary of State’s Office or contact their local circuit clerk. If eligible, ballots will be provided upon request by your circuit clerk.
For those who cannot visit their circuit clerk’s office during the work week, Saturday in-person absentee voting dates are Saturday, July 29 and Aug. 5 from 8 a.m. until 12 noon.
Periodic Campaign Finance Reports are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, July 10, in the appropriate office for 2023 candidates and political committees supporting or opposing 2023 candidates.
Mississippi law (MS Code Ann. § 23-15-807(b)(ii) and 23-15-807(e)) requires all candidates for elective office (excluding candidates for federal office) to file campaign finance disclosure reports.
Candidates may file campaign finance reports via:
- Email: CampaignFinance@sos.ms.gov or Shelby.Scoggins@sos.ms.gov
- In person: 401 Mississippi Street, Jackson, MS 39201 or 1141 Bayview Avenue, Suite 120, Biloxi, MS 39530
- Mail: P.O. Box 136, Jackson, MS 39205-0136 (Please note that mailed-in reports must actually be received by the required date and the postmarked date will not be considered.)
- Fax: (601) 576-2545