Thursday sports: Spring break baseball nears end
Photo: Northpoint Christian pitcher Hudson Brown is shown in action against Faith Academy on Thursday, March 16. (@NCSThePoint on Twitter)
- Center Hill 5, Denham Springs, La. 5 (8 innings)
- Center Hill: Ayden Rodgers, Scott Green (2 hits each)
- Northpoint Christian 3, Faith Academy 0
- Northpoint: Hudson Brown (6 IP, 7 strikeouts)
- Lewisburg 9, Friendship Christian 4
- Lewisburg: Trae Cagle (HR), Austin Hannigan (3B). Matthew Osteen (4 IP, 4 strikeouts)
- Brandon 7, DeSoto Central 6
Late Wednesday: Hustle pull away late to defeat Windy City
Windy City Bulls news release
The Windy City Bulls lost to the Memphis Hustle 116-112 Wednesday night.
Windy City was led by Chicago Bulls two-way forward Terry Taylor with 25 points on 11-for-14 shooting from the field.
Marko Simonović finished with 21 points and eight rebounds. Forward Henri Drell chipped in 18 points, six rebounds and four assists.
The Bulls were down nine at the end of the first quarter after a 35-point quarter from Memphis. At halftime, Windy City trailed 68-56 despite Taylor’s 19 first-half points on 8-for-10 shooting from the field.
Memphis’ lead ballooned to 20 points entering the final period, but the Bulls rattled off an 18-0 run during the fourth to get within two points of the Hustle with just over five minutes left to play. But Windy City’s late surge came up just short, falling to Memphis by four.
Memphis was led by guard Dakota Mathias with 25 points. Hustle forward Matthew Hurt chipped in 20 points and guard Adonis Arms finished with 15 points.
With the loss, Windy City fell to 15-13 in the regular season, while Memphis improved to 20-6.