Photo: Volunteers work on a roadway to pick up litter during last year’s Spring Clean Up Day. (Courtesy photo)
DeSoto County is getting ready to spruce itself up a bit with its annual Spring Cleanup effort, starting on April 1 with the beginning of Spring Cleanup Week. A county-wide cleanup day is designated as saturday, April 2 when the county is encouraging groups to band together to clean up a specific area, intersection, or road to clean up. Registered groups with the county will be given a Cleanup Kit to help out. Registration information is available on the DeSoto County official website.
During the 10-day period from April 1-10, dumpsters will be deployed at a number of locations throughout the county and available to receive garbage and refuse. County employees will be monitoring the dumpsters during the time and having them emptied as needed.
Following is more information on the Spring Cleanup in DeSoto County.
Spring Cleanup 2022
Countywide Cleanup Day: April 2 from 9 a.m.-12 noon.
Groups, Communities, Churches, HOAs, families, and individuals are encouraged to adopt an intersection or road. Registered volunteers will receive a Cleanup Kit. Click here to register.
Spring Cleanup Week Is Set for April 1-10
Spring Cleanup Day kicks off a week of spring cleaning. It’s the perfect time to clear the clutter from your home, yard, and community. Starting April 1 through April 10,, The county will place 14 dumpsters in areas across unincorporated areas of DeSoto County. They will be emptied throughout the week when needed.
Spring Cleanup Dumpster
- ACI Fire Department – 4735 Red Banks Road S
- Bridgetown Fire Department – 3980 Malone Road
- Cockrum Old Schoolhouse – 3960 Highway 305 South
- Eudora Park – 9341 Highway 304 West
- Fairhaven Fire Department – 13701 Centerhill Road
- Greenbrook Park – 8440 Greenbrook Parkway
- Hernando Middle School – 700 Dilworth
- Horn Lake Middle School – 6125 Hurt Road
- Lewisburg Elementary – 1717 Craft Road
- Love Fire Department – 7345 Highway 51 South
- Nesbit Water Association – 901 Pleasant Hill Road
- Robertson-Donald Park – Highway 301 Ball Park
- Summershill Fire Department Number 1 – 7600 Pleasant Hill Road
- Walls Area – 10011 Church Road W
What You Can Dump
- Old furniture/mattresses
- Plastic toys
What You Cannot Dump
- All-purpose cleaners
- Insecticides and herbicides