Mississippi among best states for home security
(Photo credit: Vivint)
According to a survey from the home security company Vivint, which offers products, doorbell cameras, smart thermostats, indoor cameras, and integrations with lighting, people in Mississippi do a good job keeping their homes lighted well at night.
Vivint lists Mississippi seventh in the nation for home security and safety. The ranking was determined using Vivint survey data and FBI crime statistics.
Ahead of Mississippi, in order, were Oklahoma, Idaho, Wyoming, Vermont, Indiana, and Louisiana.
Some of the key takeaways from the national survey are as follows:
- Mississippi ranks 7th in the U.S. for states with the safest homes.
- Mississippi has a property crime rate of 2,103 per 100k residents.
- While homes in Mississippi are safe, its residents rank 10th among people who forget to lock their doors the most.
- 58 percent of Americans answer the door without knowing who’s on the other side.
- 56 percent admit to forgetting to lock their doors often.
- 44 percent of Americans leave their garage door open when they are not home.
- Oklahoma residents have the best home security.
You can page through the survey information on the Vivint website.