A number of DeSoto County cross country teams took part in the huge City Auto Memphis Twilight meet at the Mike Rose Soccer Complex Saturday evening.
Teams from Hernando, Olive Branch, DeSoto Central, and Center Hill had runners competing in the five-kilometer run
Here are the top boys’ and girls runners from each DeSoto County school at the meet and their times:
- Boys-Graham Weiss, 17:01.90
- Girls-Kaitlyn Burge, 20:30.95
- Boys-Kaleb Tacket, 17:38.40
- Girls-Layla McGuire, 23:22.10
- Boys-Jared Smalley, 20:24.53
- Girls-Olivia Sutter, 23:22.74
- Boys-Caden Louder, 21:27:36
- Girls-Ariana Bradford, 28:56.20
There were 402 boys runners in the meet and the girls’ runners totaled 334.
Rogers (Ark.) Heritage was the boys’ team champion with 70 points, followed by Christian Brothers in second with 123. DeSoto Central took 28th with 783 points.
The girls’ team champion was Houston (Germantown, Tenn.) with 91 points, followed by Raymore-Peculiar and Lafayette (Wildwood) in a second-place tie with 111 points. Hernando finished ninth, scoring 332 points.