Further delay in Craft Road widening project
DeSoto County supervisors were told this week the completion date for widening Craft Road needs to be extended into the summer.
Phase two of the project between south of Bethel Road and Harrier Drive has been underway since May of last year. The original completion expectation was for February, but was pushed back to April.
Now, Acuff Enterprises, Inc. of Cordova, Tennessee told supervisors this week the work completion must now be pushed back even further to July.
The reason for that is the contract has discovered multiple in-ground utility work conflicts that have hindered earthwork and storm drain installation, and has put the project behind schedule.
When originally announced, the county offered this key information about the Craft Road project Phase Two.
Key Information about Construction:
- Two lanes will remain open during construction
- Lanes will shift to side opposite of construction
- Crews will begin construction on the east side lanes
- Lanes will shift during construction to side opposite of crews
- Mailboxes along the route will be relocated to retain mail service
- Clearly marked traffic control signs will be posted early